Thursday, August 27, 2009

Up for Suggestions...

Jeb and I are having the hardest time coming up with a boy name that we both like. So, I thought I'd see what you guys could come up with. Jeb only likes traditional, classic or biblcal names. Nothing trendy at all. I'm pretty traditonal too but not quite as much as my old school husband! So, let me know your ideas for Baby Boy Lock. Remember that is has to sound good with Lock! Thanks!!!

21 comments:

Gabi said...

Jonah... (Jonah & Jenna would that be over-the-top cutesie?) I already suggested Fabie Lock to Jeb, but he didn't seem to excited about that one. I'll keep thinking, though. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of pressure for your reading fans! How about Jed??? Can you imagine? :)

Lindsay Wagner said...

If you are sticking with a j: jack, John, Jacob, Joseph, Jake. If not: Henry is making a huge comeback and is extremely traditional. William or will, Ryan, Coleman, David or Davis, wes, .....that is what I can come up with odd the top of my head- can't wait to hear what you decide!!!

Amy said...

I exhausted my creative juices coming up with our name... good luck!

Anonymous said...

I always told Sandie to name her boys "Rusty Lock" but she didn't go for it.

Scott and Jessica Shobe said...

I like Jacob, Zachery, and Will.

Ashley said...

I love the name Jack if you are going with "J" theme. If Ryan and I were ever going to have a boy, we loved Andrew "Drew" and Grant. I heard a name recently that I liked a lot-Brooks (but not so traditional I think). BTW, I ordered my labels today! Can't wait to get them!

Courtney said...

I love traditional names for little boys too. (no one laugh at the next statement) I keep a small notebook alphabetized and sorted into boys and girls names where I write down names I hear/find/read/think of that I love. I'll bring it to interface on Tuesday you can look through it.:-)

Winston said...

Jethro

Janai Rogers said...

I'll go ahead and give my husband's go to answer for this question...Todd. Todd Lock sounds pretty swanky!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

i think the obvious and only choice is Luke - dont you think? Ill be offended if you dont choose it :)

Anonymous said...

Going with the J theme- I'm thinking Jesus (spanish version of course- you do live in san antonio) or Jerome!!!

kinsey said...

duke

Sheridan said...

I like the sound of Jenna and Jackson. Jackson Lock sounds cute, but then if he wanted to go by Jack, he would have the "ck" at the end of his first and last name.

I have no doubt that Baby Boy Lock will have a cute name to go with Jenna!

Linda said...

No one has mentioned Joshua; I love that name!

Anonymous said...

Hosea, Obediah, Jonah, Ezekial, Nathaniel, Michah...I'll keep thinking! Ha!!!

grandma said...

I still like James. (James Leroy?)

whitney cadagin said...

really like the jackson idea! jackson (jack) lock.... like that alot! when are you due? i think we are sorta close together - i am due Feb 9..

Kate_Martin said...

Annabelle says that the baby's name is Elijah. She is pretty sure about it. :)

grandma said...

Annie B, I love Elijah. So there, we have it.

Betsy said...

Samuel- great name for so many reasons! Wood wouldn't let us use it because apparently Mark Twain was the pen name for Samuel Clemens. Like people really know that. Whatever. Mary Jo always jokes that we should name a son Splinter to go with Wood. Maybe she could help with ideas...