Monday, August 17, 2009

Kid's Day Out

Today was Jenna's first day of "school". She is going to Kid's Day Out at a church near our house for one day a week. I've really been looking forward to this day because I knew how much she would enjoy it and how much I would enjoy getting stuff done!
Here are some pics from this morning.

Before we left, giving me a "cheese" smile. Not quite sure what to make of that smile.
In the car on the way to school. Doing some last minute work on her computer.
Getting all our gear together.


This is the only time I thought I might cry. She just looked so old to me with her backpack and lunch box. I love her expression here. She's already totally embarrassed or annoyed by me. The first of many times, I'm sure.


She went straight into her classroom. No problems. Here, she's staring at the teacher who is holding another kid who's cry his head off.


Coming to tell me good-bye.

When I picked her up, she was just as happy. She even took a nap on her little nap mat. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall today but I know it's good for both of us to have some time apart.

6 comments:

Mary Lauren said...

I almost teared up at the lunchbox/backpack picture because you are right-she is such a big girl!!! Enjoy your free time, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I know it was hard to leave her, but since she liked it, next time will be easier. Love her hair.

Amy said...

I'm so glad she had such a great time! And I think she and Elena are wearing the same shoes.

kinsey said...

so fun. yeah for jenna acting so big! :-)

Melissa said...

she is so cute. wow school already! enjoy your "day off"! :)

Jay and Kristen said...

She did so good! I'm totally impressed. Miss you!