Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And so it begins...

Update: Jenna had been doing a super job with potty training! After about 2 days of numerous accidents, she has only had a few. She's gone to church, MDO, and many errands- all in her big girl underwear! We still sleep in diapers but she wears underwear the rest of the day! Now, when do I tell her she doesn't get a jelly bean after every time she goes? Nervous about that meltdown!


I decided to attempt potty training with Jenna. She's been peeing on the potty before her baths and has been very into the potty now that Annie B. is potty trained. So we went and picked out her new underwear and have been reading books and watching Elmo Goes Potty.
Yesterday, after her nap, I put her in her new underwear. She looked so darn cute in them. So of course I ran to get the camera to get some pictures of her new look. And here's how the first 5 minutes of potty training went.


Sprint towards the curtains. Should have been clue number one to me.
Playing Peek-a-Boo. A favorite game when doing "business."
Someone thinks they are so funny. Clue #3.


And she's off... With a fully loaded and wet undies.

Sigh. So it hasn't been as easy as I was hoping. But it's only day number two. Keep you posted.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Jenna is too cute & you crack me up! Hilarious post!

Amy said...

Hallelujah for hard surfaces! :)

Unknown said...

don't you mean "fully loaded and wet UNDIES"?!? ha ha!

Sarah said...

yes! i just changed it! thanks to my frist grade teacher friend for editing my post! ;)

Ashley said...

After watching her a few Sundays ago in Sunday School, she was visibly uncomfortable after she peed. I thought that was a great sign! I am gearing up to start with Claire. We talk a lot about potties, but I have yet to take the diaper away. I learned after Cate that pull-ups are not the best way to potty train, so good for you to put her in panties. I put Cara in panties right off so she could feel wet and learn faster. Gerber makes these plastic covers and I just put those over the panties (or use them instead of panties) and it helped protect the floor and furniture for the most part, but they still allow for the kids to feel wet. Good luck!

The White House said...

I love your blog! I want my baby room to look just like the top part! Your blog totally shows mine up... one day I will have better things (when the baby comes)