Monday, November 3, 2008

Praise God for Elmo!

Update: Jenna woke up this morning at 5:00. :( So hopefully everyday she'll sleep about 30 minutes more!

Has this weekend's time change been hard on anyone else? I just don't remember it being that big of a deal last year when Jenna was a baby, but yesterday was tricky and this morning was, well, dark. All day yesterday, I kept asking Jeb "What time is it to Jenna?" or "What would Jenna normally be doing right now?" I know it's only an hour time difference but for a one year old, an hour makes a big difference. I guess Jenna thought we lost another hour this morning, because she was wide awake at 4:30 am! I tried to get her back to sleep by giving her milk, changing her and putting her back in her crib, but she was hysterical, so I got her up at 5:00 and we are now watching Elmo DVDs. Does this mean she is going to take her morning nap at 7:00 am? They need a chapter on this in the baby books!
Jenna is obsessed with all things Elmo. Don't worry, she still loves Queen, but Elmo is a strong second.

10 comments:

Becky Fenn said...

Elmo is Natalie's favorite thing ever! We always say that it is magical - she loves him and dances to Elmo's World every time we have it playing! Glad we aren't the only ones struggling with the time change:)

kinsey said...

i noticed you were emailing this morning at 6 am! i wasn't even up yet and i work! ha. sorry about that. surely she'll get in the groove soon...

Amy said...

4:30??? Good Golly Miss Mollie! Sorry Sarah, I do not envy you.

In regards to Elmo, the power of that little red creature over the 1 and 2 year olds is eery. :) Eery, but in a wonderful sorta way. :)

Sarah said...

so glad to hear i'm not the only mom who let's their little one get lost in Elmo's World!

Courtney said...

I wish Elmo worked for Inara, anytime Elmo's world comes on, Inara cries, I think the furry red creature scares her a bit. LOL
I guess she's just bound to be a Cookie Monster Fan like her momma!

Mary Lauren said...

The time change is hard, even for my little baby! It is wild what an internal clock they have! Wish Elmo had that kind of power over a four month old!

Emily K. said...

Oh no, Camp did so well with the time change, that I thought maybe it wouldn't ever be a big deal. Guess I have next year to look forward to!

Ashley said...

I did Elmo with Cate. Dora is magic around here now. I love Dora. She has saved me many, many times.

Lindsay Wagner said...

so fun that you left a comment on my blog! :) hayden is beyond obsessed with elmo, too! we've got the mechanical doll, the regular doll, the book, the elmo toothbrush, etc....and she's even getting an elmo ornament for the christmas tree....seriously obsessed!!! and hayden's been up early withthe time change, too. i thought it was better today b/c she slept, but oh no....that would be due to the fact that she is sick and throwing up! good times....good times....

Lindsay Wagner said...

oh, and i also know i'm TRULY a mom when sesame street is part of our Tivo....lovely! but hayden really does LOVE him!