So, I have never been a big bath person. I would even go as far to say that I thought they were kinda gross. Sitting in dirty, luke warm water and feeling "soapy" when you get out, never interested me.
But tonight, I just felt run down, tired, and overwhelmed with the never ending loads of laundry, pile of dishes, floors that never look clean, coming up with something to cook for dinner, daughter who is teething and not napping well.... that sort of thing. So I decided to take a bath. And I'm hooked.
Here are some things that made me change my view of baths.
Trapp candles. They are the best. Orange Vanilla is my favorite
The best face mask ever. And it's super cheap! Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It's like $3 at HEB and leaves your face feeling so soft.
I also used Jenna's old Teddy Bear sponge bath as my pillow and her extra soft wash clothes! And thanks to the NBA draft, my husband didn't interrupt me once! :)
The best part was, I had time to think about NOTHING!!! I was able to clear my mind and gear up for another wonderful day of this...
So I'm feeling fresh and rejuvenated! Even ready for another exiting Meals on Wheels adventure tomorrow! Thanks to my in-laws for coming in to watch Jenna this time! :)And sorry to all of you who were "ooged out" that I blogged about bathing. It is what it is. :)
4 comments:
I don't like baths, either. You know how I feel about, ugh, hair. I hate even typing it. The thought of sitting in water is pretty repulsive. I actually struggle a little bathing Daniella. After I shampoo her, random floating hairs will catch on me and I have to control the urge to panic. I am glad you enjoyed your bath, however. I was buying bananas yesterday and thought of you :)
so glad you got to relax. i should have thought of doing the same thing because my husband was glued to the NBA draft as well and i was SO BORED!! i ended up just sitting next to him on the couch and BLABBING about NOTHING in his ear. he did try to please me by talking back at least...
I have felt the same way about baths, so maybe I should take some of your tips. She's so cute, even when she's crying.
ok, the last picture you posted was an absolutely hilarious follow up to your relaxing bathing experience. sarah, you never fail to make me laugh! we miss seeing you guys!
Post a Comment