Monday, October 26, 2009

VEGAS with BABY!

Jeb and I spent the last 4 days in Las Vegas for a little vacation. We booked this trip before we knew I was pregnant. We went to Vegas over a year ago and I remember looking at other woman who were pregnant or had kids with them and thinking why in the world would you come to Vegas pregnant?! They must really have a problem or something!
Well, foot in mouth, and 7 1/2 months pregnant- Vegas here we come!!!


The first night Jeb bought tickets for a show but wouldn't tell me what it was till right before we walked in. He thought I might not want to go or think it was dumb so it was a surprise. My husband knows me so well because if he had told me we were going to see a ventriloquist, I would have rolled my eyes and sighed. We went to see Terry Fator, the winner of America's Got Talent, and he was SO funny! I loved it! He did all kinds of impersonations and was hilarious! Way to go Jeb!



I have a new respect for people that can talk and sing with their mouths closed.
The next day we ate dinner at the top of the Eiffel Tower. We did this last year and it was my favorite meal of the trip. I thought about that salad for a year and when I got it again, it didn't disappoint. There's a great view of The Strip and the water show at The Bellagio.



Outside of Paris. Probably the closest the Locks will every get to Paris.


The next night we ate a yummy dinner with my sister and brother-in-law at CraftSteak. The chef is from one of those cooking shows but I don't watch those so I can't remember his name. I think he's bald and mean. Delish!


Breakfast at the Bellagio and then some shopping.
The real reason we went on this trip was because of these guys: U2. Anyone that knows my husband, knows that he is obsessed with U2. Jeb already traveled to Boston to see them in concert twice, but I guess he thought I needed to experience it for myself. I didn't really know how Dylan would feel about this but he was a good sport and we had an amazing time. The Black Eyed Peas opened for U2 and got the crowd pumped up!

Jeb waiting for the cab to take us to the concert- Too much rock for one hand. Nerd. But I love him for it.



Asked the guy next to us to take a picture with the stage behind us. Hmmm. That didn't quite work out. But the concert was awesome and we had a blast!

I think we're going to take a break from Vegas and be doing some more family friendly vacations in the near future. But it was so great to get away and spend quality time with Jeb (and Valerie and Todd). I sure did miss Jenna but it was comforting to know she was with 2 of her favorite people, Grandma and Pop Pop. Thanks for taking such good care of Jenna!

9 comments:

a pair of pettijohns said...

ok, you are the cutest pregnant-girl-gone-vegas EVER! :) so glad y'all had fun!!

kinsey said...

fun! and FINALLY pictures of dylan! LOVE IT!!!

Emily said...

Love your post! You look absolutely great Borum!!!! So glad that you had such a great trip!

Courtney said...

O
M
Gosh
You ate at Tom Colicchio's restaurant - I will forever be jealous of you and your trip. The fact that you don't know who he is makes it hilarious!
Glad you had fun before Dylan makes his big trip. :-)

Ashley said...

oh, looks like fun! Glad you had a wonderful time! And bald, mean, and nameless chef's food is always good I hear ;)

Emily Osborne said...

hey Borum, found your blog from the LH girls and just love seeing your beautiful family. congrats on #2 - you look fantastic!!

Emily K. said...

You do look so cute! That's so fun that y'all had a pre-(2nd) baby trip!

Melissa said...

I say the same thing every time I go to Vegas too :) So funny! I have a foot in mouth episode almost every day.... You look great. Perfect little baby bump!

Mary Lauren said...

Love that belly and I totally watch Top Chef. His name is Tom Collichio!! I am dying to try Craft the next time I am in Dallas. Can't wait to see you SOON!!!!