Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jenna's big girl room

My parents spent last weekend with us and our main goal was to turn Jenna's room into a "big girl room." My mom is quite crafty and loves to do this kind of stuff so I was so glad to have her here.

Grandad put together Jenna's new bed. I was a little worried she might not like it because she LOVED her toddler bed but she was thrilled about it. We took out the changing table and added this dresser.


Anyone that comes over, Jenna wants to show her room to, but as soon as I ask her to pose for some pictures in her room- this is what she does. Typical Jenna

Jenna got all new bedding, a new rug (or grass as she calls it), a new lamp (my mom added the ribbon trim), curtains (they have cute ruffles on them but you can't tell from the picture), and some other new accessories. Almost everything came from Marshall's or Target- love those stores!
We took out the rocking chair and my mom let me have this chair. She's going to make a slip cover for it next time she comes. Since I have no lap anymore, it's been hard for both of us to fit in her old rocking chair, so it's nice to have a chair we can both sit in.
My mom painted this piece antique white. It was pink but the pink didn't match the new room.
Finally got Jenna in her bed. But this is the best picture I could get.

Thanks to Granna and Grandad for all their hard work! Jenna loves her room. She's yet to fall out of the bed too! Now for the nursery! I kinda starting panicking last night when I realized I was in my third trimester already!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Her room looks awesome Sarah!! Love the new bedding too. You did a great job!

becca said...

awwaahh, that makes me so sad :-( but she is adorable in her new room! What a girly girl ;-)

Scott and Jessica Shobe said...

The room looks great!

a pair of pettijohns said...

it is so cute that she calls her rug "grass" :) what a GREAT big girl room!!

Unknown said...

No, no, no! Jenna is NOT ready for this. You just gave birth to her, for heaven's sake. Stop letting her grow up!!!!!! (Everything is beyond perfect...LOVE it!)

Melissa said...

Her room is adorable.. I love that she hides from the camera and under blankets :) so fun!

kinsey said...

looks awesome!! impressed yall did it in one weekend!!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

looks so good! shes growing up so fast!!

grandma said...

Having lived with Locks for over 38 years, my advice would be to tell Jenna she can't be in any of the pics. That would do it!

Mary Lauren said...

It's perfect and my heartaches a little because there is no doubt she is a big big girl!!