has a name! After lots of debate and discussion. Jeb and I had a girl name all along but have had a really hard time agreeing on a boy name. Jeb wanted to use John to honor his dad but we knew we didn't want to call him John. We've always liked Dylan. It fits our "criteria." We don't know any Dylan's, it's 2 syllables, it can't be shortened and we thought is was a good, strong name. (Plus his initial's will be the same as Jeb's.) We didn't like the way Dylan John Lock sounded, so we have decided on John Dylan Lock and are going to call him Dylan. The school teacher in me had a hard time with this. Will he show up to school with "John" written on his desk and cubby? When the teacher takes roll, will she call "John." But after talking to numerous friends who go by their middle names, I got over it. And Dylan it is!
Last week, Jenna and I met Jeb's mom at a fabric store in San Marcus to look for stuff for Dylan's nursery. Again, boy stuff has been harder for me but as soon as I saw this one fabric, I loved it and knew it was just what I wanted. This will be used for a quilt. The stripes and dots will be used for the bumper and bed skirt with the grey/blue for piping.

I'm always so amazed by what Jeb's mom and grandmother can create and can't wait to see it all come together!
12 comments:
LOVE the fabric for his room! And you know I love the name - SO cute!
Love it all, especially the name! We have an agreement not to even talk about names until 30 weeks because I've been so difficult on boy names. I'm the same way about going by middle names but I think I need to get over it, too :). Almost here for y'all!!
love the name, love the fabric, love that you're having a boy! SUPER cute, sarah. baby dylan is going to have one darling nursery :)
Oh the name is GREAT!!! Love it AND the fabrics!
Great name and I love the fabric! I can't wait to see everything all put together.
yeah for dylan!! he and hank will have the same issues going by their middle names, but you and i can be the crazy moms that call the teacher in advance to tell them what to write on the desk :-) LOVE his fabric!!
Love it, Sarah! We went through the exact same thing with Grace. Wanted to honor my Grandma, but didn't want to call her Augusta. But Grace Augusta just didn't sound as good as Augusta Grace. So, I'll be right there with you, calling the teacher ahead of time!
Love, love, love it ALL! Love the name and that fabric is TOO ADORABLE!!!
love the fabric, love the name!
Love the name and love the fabric! So cute... you must be so excited. :)
I approve of EVERYTHING (as usual!) ! I am ready for February!
The fabric is absolutely amazing! I totally wish I had that for Ben's baby room instead of what I picked! It looks beautiful! Yeah for the Locke Family!
Post a Comment