For Mother's Day, I thought I would share a few lessons that my mom has taught me over the years that I hope to pass along to Jenna. Some are simple but carry great weight and others are big and need not to be forgotten no matter how old you are.
-ice tea is best unsweet with lemon
-always say please and thank you
-never over stay your welcome
-always write thank you cards
-chew with your mouth closed
-don't answer the phone while eating dinner
-a woman can do anything a man can do.. .and better!
-don't judge people based on the color of their skin, education, career or wealth.
-tears aren't always for sadness but often for joy
-more money doesn't mean a better life
And you're NEVER TOO OLD TO NEED YOUR MOMMY!!!
Thank you mom for teaching me these things (and so much more!) by example more than words. I love you!
Here are a few pics of what Jenna got me for mother's day. I got a new glider for our front porch so we can sit and wait for daddy to come home! She was super pumped to take these pictures.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Words of Wisdom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great words of wisdom!
This is one of my favorite things you have ever said...couldn't imagine my life with her and now can't imagine it without her. Love you, friend!
Post a Comment