Yes, you read that correctly. I love Kirk Cameron. I was a huge Growing Pains fan growing up. I actually wrote a letter to Kirk Cameron professing my undying love for him. Just letting him know, I would love him forever. (I also sent Alyssa Malono a letter letting her know I think I could be her best friend!)
A few months ago, my sweet grandmother, Grammy, sent me Kirk's new autobiography, Still Growing. I couldn't put it down and finished it in 2 days. I loved learning of how Kirk became a Christian on the set of Growing Pains, became an outsider in Hollywood because of his new beliefs and met his wife on the set as well. It was really inspiring to hear stories of how he put Christ first in an industry where that is so frowned upon.
Last night, a group of girls from my MOPS small group, when to see Kirk's new movie, Fireproof. It was made by the same people that did Facing the Giants. Kirk played a fire chief, whose marriage was falling apart and could only be salvaged by the grace of God. It was a really sweet movie. Lots of tears where shed by all of the girls I went with. It was so nice to sit in a theater and watch a movie that had no profanity, nudity or anything else that makes you squirm in your seat. (Am I getting old or what!?)
I recommend it to anyone that is looking for a feel good movie. I think it taps into a topic that lots of woman don't want to talk about. SO grab your honey or some girlfriends and a few tissues!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I heart Kirk Cameron!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I have really been wanting to see that movie! I heart Kirk Cameron too!
i tried to get scott to see that on friday night, but the only theater it's playing in is a little bit of a drive. but i'm still working on it! i will see it!
Seth & I are waiting for it to come out on video! One of his customers said it was so good! Ditto on the I heart Kirk! He has a show on TBN that I watch sometimes - he is so real and awesome - makes me even more mad at Hollywood for being "too cool" to support him.
I loved him too (and also Candace), and still watch Growing Pains reruns. I want to see that movie, and I'm going to have to read that book!
I remember (with great merriment) you telling some of the girls that story when we were at La Madeleine's) You are so fun, Sarah! Thanks for the movie recommendation!
Ooops
That comment from "abby" was actually from me. Apparently when abby was visiting this weekend, she left herself signed into blogger. That said, you should check out her blog, highly entertaining. :)
Post a Comment