First, thanks to all the sweet words and well wishes. Jeb and I are really excited about the new baby and a little nervous too. We can't wait to find out if Jenna is going to have a little brother and sister.
The morning I took the pregnancy test, I ran to Babies R Us to get a "Big Sister" shirt for Jenna to wear when Jeb got home. I purposely bought the one with the largest font so Jeb couldn't miss what it said.
When Jeb got home, I was so nervous and excited. He picked Jenna up right away and asked if she was wearing a new shirt. I told him it was new and he said he liked it. Then Jeb just walked into the kitchen to get a snack. Clueless. So I carried Jenna into the kitchen and told her to tell daddy what color her shirt was. She kept telling him pink and he still wasn't catching on. Finally, I just had to tell him to read the shirt and he got it. Not exactly how I was expecting it to go.
I tried to snap a few pics but Jenna wasn't cooperating. Please note how big it says Big Sister on her shirt. Come on Jeb!
Many people have asked if Jenna knows or understands what's going on. To that I say no. We've told her she's going to be a big sister and have a little brother or sister. But I figure she still poo's her pants, she doesn't know what's going on.
But Jenna is VERY into babies right now. Like kinda obsessed. She carries them all around the house, feeds them, covers them with blankets, gives them time out and wants to sleep with them at night. So I'm hoping this means she's really going to enjoy being a big sister.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Babies
Here are some answers to questions I've gotten recently:
-I'm 12 weeks today
-We DO plan on finding out the sex of the baby
-I feel OK. I feel worse at night. And I've taken a nap every day for about a month now!
- I don't care if it's a boy or girl. I'd love for Jenna to have a sister but I'd love for Jeb to have a son. So either way, it's a win-win.
I'll keep you posted on any news or updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
congrats to you!!!! Mmm, might have to change your blog name I guess-hee hee!
Congrats!!! If it's a girl will you name her Jill?? I always thought it went well with Jenna :) I love the pics with Jenna and Jeb! Looks like Jetty and Jenna just don't have the modeling bug with all of their squirminess!
Love the t-shirt...very funny story! Jenna's going to be a great big sis!!!
poor jeb...ha! i vote girl. for the record ;-)
I hope Jenna enjoys being a big sister as much as I have!
Congrats!!! So happy for you!! I love the shirt idea!!! Can't wait to hear what #2 is!!
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you lady!! Sorry that I am just now reading the scoop =)
Post a Comment