Thursday, May 20, 2010

First Bites

For Dylan's 5 month birthday, I decided to let him try his first bite of rice cereal. I couldn't wait to see that "gag me" face that most babies make when they get their first taste of "food."


Dylan clueless as to what's about to happen.
And he didn't disappoint. Gag me mom!I realized this was going to get messy and grabbed a bib. I think every bite I gave him came right out. But it's a learning process.
So of course Jenna insisted on trying some herself. I kept telling her she wasn't going to like it but try reasoning with a 2 year old.
Jenna's face pretty much matches Dylan's!


Gag me mom!
Jenna has been a terrific big sister. Her new thing is that she always wants to be holding her brother's hand. Not quite sure he's as into it, but he tolerates her. She also has nicknamed her brother, "Bubs." Jeb and I get such a kick out of hearing her say things like, "You OK Bubs?" or "You want your toy Bubs?"


Momma and Bubs

7 comments:

kinsey said...

jealous of the waves in your hair!! and love how long it's gotten!

The Sugar Mountain said...

Gavin is Bubs!! Corbin started calling him lil bubs when we brought he home. Now he is calling Heidi lil bubette which I think is taking it a little to far :)

Melissa said...

you look so cute! he looks so much like you!

grandma said...

And I was just going to say that in the last pic he looks exactly like Jeb! Anyhoo, I had to cry that Dylan is growing up so fast.

Anonymous said...

I think it is so sweet that Jenna wants to hold his hand. Enjoy him before he gets into his terrible twos.

Amy said...

I just picked up cereal for Asher to start trying solids!

Love that picture of the two of you!

Mary Lauren said...

Love that you are embrassing the curls! And did Jenna ever like the oatmeal kind, hands down better than rice!