Thursday, January 14, 2010

Too Much Drama for this Mama!

As a Christmas gift, Jeb's grandmother made Jenna her very own, one of a kind, princess dress. It has lace, ruffles, and even "swooshes" when you turn in it. It's fabulous and Jenna is well, obsessed. I am not exaggerating when I say that Jenna has worn this dress EVERY SINGLE DAY since she received it. She LOVES her "beautiful dress". She rips off her PJ's every morning and request to wear it- not matter how cold it is in the house or outside.
She also has stopped going by the name Jenna but prefers/demands to be called Cinderella, Jasmine or Ariel. If I call her Jenna or baby- she quickly corrects me "No, Mama! I'm Cinderella!" Jeb has now become "Prince". Which I guess leads me to be the wicked stepmother.
She takes this very serious and gets very frustrated with me if I don't remember which princess she is for the day.

Dancing her heart out in her beautiful dress.
Nanny took the material from an old formal of Jeb's aunt and made the dress. She's genius and so thoughtful! But too bad Nanny doesn't live closer so she can come and hand wash this dress- which I have to do almost every day now!


Jenna has stopped letting me do her hair. In fact, she screams when I even try to brush it. You'd think that since she wants to wear formal wear all day long, she'd at least run a brush through her hair. But then again, that's just so Jenna.



Another one of Jenna's favorite Christmas gifts was some chapstick in her stocking. She walks around the house smearing it on her lips, cheeks, and chin. Here I was trying to get a picture of Jenna and Dylan next to each other. Jenna refused to put down the chapstick and Dylan is screaming. Lovely.

Life with two kids has been great so far. This week we were back in the swing of things with school, church and MOPS. So far so good! Jenna has been so good with Dylan. I thought she would be more jealous when I was feeding him but she doesn't seem that interested. The first week we brought him home she started waking up at 5 am and having "accidents" but now that we are back to our normal schedule, she's back to hers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry this has been a problem, but if Jenna is old enough to remember, this could be a wonderful memory for her...not so much for the prince and stepmother. She is someting else!

Sarah said...

Not a problem Nanny at all! It only takes me a few minutes to wash it and then I just let it air dry. It's totally worth the joy that Jenna gets from wearing the dress! Promise!

kinsey said...

love the dress...you rock as a mother of two...and hank has those same pjs as dylan ;-)

Rachel said...

Love the dress. Love your kids. I hate to tell you, but living in character may not go away anytime soon. I get corrected with a dirty look for calling Roselyn the wrong name. She also corrects me if I call Nolan by the wrong name since his name changes to suit whatever story she is living in. She also corrects her teachers at school and Bible class. Her Kiddie Kollege teacher now starts each day asking her who she is that day, to avoid calling her by the wrong name and starting the day on the wrong foot. Lately we are living in one of 2 characters/stories: Melody (Ariel's daughter from little Mermaid II), and Nolan becomes Flounder, I become Ariel, and Clint is Eric. Other times she is Snow White, and the rest of us are various dwarves depending on our moods (Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy, Happy, etc.)

Enjoy!