Friday, February 27, 2009

A Week in Review

Does it sounds weird to say that I genuinely enjoy the company of an 18 month old? I'm sure any mom can understand but since this is all new to me, it's kind of surprising. I always knew I would love my children, but I didn't realize I could enjoy their company so much so young. Every day I see and learn more about Jenna's personality and I just love it.

It is becoming more and more evident that Jenna is ALL GIRL. Her newest obsession- jewelry. She loves to take off her bracelets and put them back on, over and over again. Sometimes when we do it together, I count with her and now I've found her counting herself, but only the number five. She just says "five, five, five..."

She continues to love to read. She's big into any Sesame Street books. She loves "Nernie, Bird,Cookie and Whelmo."
And she loves to talk on the phone. Who does she call? "Pop Pop"
She pretends to talk and always ends her conversation with "Bye Pop Pop."Jenna still loves her house. But it is more than just a play house. It's become her out house. I'm not exagerating when I say that almost every time Jenna goes in her little house, she does some serious business. Which then turns into big tears because mean mommy makes her leave to change her diaper. This has happened countless times. I guess when we start potty training, I'll just her her potty in the play house.


OR she could just do it in Truman's water bowl.

Jenna spent over an hour yesterday washing her dishes. They had gotten quite dirty so I filled up a bin with soap and water and let Jenna help me clean them. I had no idea that she would love this so much and do it for the next hour and again today.


I finally had to take her clothes off because they were soaked. (Might she have inherited my long arms? :)

What I love about Jenna is that she knows what she likes and doesn't like. She's totally content playing by herself. She's a hard worker. She's creative and comes up with little games all by herself. She doesn't need fancy toys that talk or light up to have fun, she loves rocks, mulch, sticks and water. And I think she's kinda cute.

6 comments:

kinsey said...

i think she's VERY CUTE! i want to help her wash her dishes. yall come to dallas!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

she is THE cutest thing ever! love her to pieces!
and laughed out loud at the picture of her on Trumans water bowl - love it!

Amy said...

You're in good company with enjoying your daughter's company. I remember feeling that kind of surprise about those emotions too. I once heard Julia Roberts say in an interview, that she knew she'd love her kids, but didn't realize how much she'd LIKE them. So true!

Becky Fenn said...

She is absolutely cute! I loved this post - so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I think she is cute too. She has a personality all her own. I love it when she sees me, and says "Hi Nanny!"

Anonymous said...

I love that she is such a girl!! Those are the BEST pictures- you are quite the photographer!