Sunday, July 20, 2008

Val Gal

Like I mentioned in my last post, I spent the past week at my older sister, Valerie's house. Valerie and I were not that close growing up. She is almost 4 years older than me, so I was just the pesky, bratty little sister to her. We fought about the usual things, clothes, the phone, and who got shotgun. But as soon as Valerie went off to college, I started missing her like crazy and we spent time talking on the phone, writing letters and becoming friends.

Valerie and I grew closer when I got married and she was a wonderful matron of honor. I really don't know how I would have gotten through my pregnancy without her! Not only has she been through it 3 times but she's a pediatrician, so I have the best resource just a phone call away! I can't even count the times I've called Valerie for medical advice since Jenna was born and she never complains about it! About a month after I announced that I was pregnant, Valerie called to tell me she was also pregnant. I really never imagined that we would be pregnant at the same time but it was so fun!

Valerie Joy is my hero. She works as a pediatrician at a clinic for patients who can't afford insurance. She has raised 3 precious children. She is the best cook. She knows everything about sports (Jeb is always WAY impressed with her and can't figure out how I'm so clueless). She is the most organized person I know. You should see her pantry- she goes crazy with a label maker! She never complains about anything!! She and her husband are both doctors but you'll still find her clipping coupons or looking for deals at Target or Costco. She still looks hot in a bikini after having 3 kids (boo). And she's the most humble person I know.

I'm so blessed to have Valerie as a sister and friend! I don't know what I'd do without you! I love you big sis!!


6 comments:

kinsey said...

that is so sweet! made me tear up! i had a blast catching up with valerie for a bit last week...she always cracks me up!

TEAMMA said...

thats so special!!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

What a sweet post Sarah! I know that meant the world to your sister. So sweet!

Emily K. said...

That is so nice. I would for sure call all the time with questions! Ashley looks just like cute Valerie!

amyla said...

okay sara,
it's amy washmon from baylor..I ran across your blog from looking a leslie and emily's...LOVE IT! What a small world...I was looking at your pictures of your sister and thinking I know that girl! My son Walker and Claire were in the same class at little people's school! Crazy! I am excited to keep up with you. I feel like i see your sis around town all the time, you'll have to tell valerie about the connection!
p.s. also love stuck on you stuff, i have used it with walker for a long time and now laura too!

Sarah said...

hey amy!! how fun to hear from you! i actually went to claire's little gym class last week! too bad i didn't run into you! hopefully sometime i'm in tyler we'll cross paths! take care.